Frequently Asked Questions
Customers new to Mountain Harvest® Gift Baskets may have questions about our procedures and operations. This list of frequently asked questions has been prepared to help serve you.
PRIVACY & SECURITY:
- Is the Mountain Harvest® site secure?
- Is it safe to order online?
- What about my privacy? Will my information ever be shared or sold to other parties?
- Do you offer a wide variety of baskets to choose from?
- How long will the gourmet food and perishable products in my gift basket stay fresh?
- Do your gift baskets contain alcoholic beverages?
- What is your substitution procedure? Will I receive a notification about any substitution?
- Do you ever change or substitute any of the products included in a gift basket?
- What if the gift basket I ordered is not in stock?
- I ordered a specific gift basket but the one that arrived was not what I ordered!
- Is it possible to include a personalized message in the gift basket that I am sending?
- Can I send multiple message cards when shipping more than one gift basket to different addresses?
- How are the gift baskets wrapped?
- How are the baskets packed for shipment?
- How soon will my order ship once I place an order?
- Can you handle bulk orders? If I have more than 100 recipients, can I still use your web site to place an order?
- Can I send to multiple recipients at different addresses on the same order?
- Can I order for two recipients at the same address on the same order?
- What forms of payment does Mountain Harvest® Gift Baskets accept?
- Other than credit and debit cards what forms of payment do you accept, such as money orders or personal or business checks? Do you accept orders via the mail?
Sorry, we only accept credit and debit type cards as a form of payment at this time. Our experience has shown that orders paid by money order or check result in a substantial increase for our overhead, resulting in higher product costs to the customer. All orders must be placed through the safe, secure and easy to navigate Mountain Harvest® website or you may send us an email with your name and phone number and we will contact you to take your order over the telephone.
- What are the starting prices of the gift baskets?
- Am I getting my money’s worth?
- Does the price of the gift basket include delivery? What will I pay for shipping?
- Do you collect sales taxes?
- Why don’t you collect state sales taxes?
- How will my gift basket order be shipped?
- How long does it take for my order to be shipped and arrive at its destination?
- At what time can I expect the delivery to arrive at its destination?
As a general rule:
- For most locations within the continental United States:
- Morning Deliveries will arrive by 12:00 noon (except in some rural areas where morning deliveries are not possible)
- Afternoon Deliveries will arrive by 5:00 PM (business) and 8:00 PM (residential)
- Saturday Delivery shipments, where available, will be delivered by 1:30 PM. on the requested delivery date.
- 2nd & 3rd Day shipments will arrive by 5:00 PM (business) and 8:00 PM (residential). Sometimes a 3rd Day shipment may arrive a day early, at no extra cost to you.
- Shipments to Alaska:
- Priority Overnight (next day) deliveries will arrive between 12:00 noon and 5:00 PM, depending upon the location.
- Standard Overnight Delivery (next day) deliveries will arrive by 5:00 PM to the greater Anchorage area. For the rest of the state deliveries will arrive on the second business day.
- 2nd & 3rd Day shipments will arrive between 5:00 PM and 7:30 PM, depending on the location (Note: Some more remote locations may require an additional business day for delivery).
Shipments to Hawaii:
- All deliveries will arrive by 5:00 PM.
- How do the major holidays affect shipping transit times?
- How soon after I place my order is the gift basket shipped?
- Do you have Express shipping available?
- When I placed my order I checked Express. Why didn’t my gift arrive when I expected it to?
- Can I specify an exact delivery date?
- When can I expect my gift basket to be delivered?
That depends upon how it is shipped. For orders placed before 1:00 PM EST:
- Standard ground orders take 3-7 calendar days for delivery
- 2-Day Air orders placed on a Monday will arrive on Wednesday
- 2-Day Air orders placed on a Friday will arrive on Tuesday
- Overnight Express (Next Day) orders placed on a Monday, will arrive by Tuesday afternoon
- Overnight Express (Next Day) orders placed on a Friday will arrive the following Monday.
For orders placed after 1:00 PM EST, add one day to the above deliveries.
- Can specific delivery times be requested?
- Are your delivery times guaranteed?
- Can I place an order for a gift basket today but have it shipped in the future?
- Can I have a gift basket delivered on Sunday?
- How are transit days calculated?
- Do you ship the same day?
- How are baskets delivered?
- What if the recipient is not available at the time of delivery?
- What are your shipping and handling charges?
- How do I know that I am not paying too much for shipping?
- Why do I have to pay extra for express delivery over and above the normal delivery?
- Do you offer shipping insurance?
- Where in the United States can you ship my gift basket?
- Can I ship to Alaska and Hawaii?
- Can I ship to a Canadian address?
- Can I send a package directly to other International addresses or U.S. Possessions?
- How can I ship to International addressees or U.S. Possessions?
- Can I request a delivery to a P.O. Box?
- Can I ship gift baskets to an APO/FPO destination?
We ship nonperishable gift baskets to military APO (U.S. Army) and FPO (U.S. Navy and Marine Corps) addresses. Military shipments may take one to two additional days in transit. When shipping directly to a Military Base (MPO), including International military addresses, please use the proper military address and zip code format as per these examples:
- FPO AE 09XX-XXXX
- FPO AA 34XX-XXXX
- FPO AP 96XXX-XXXX
APO/FPO are used instead of the city and AA/AE/AP are used instead of the state plus the zip code using the above digital prefixes. Military Shipment Disclaimers: You ship to these facilities at your own risk. Mountain Harvest® Gift Baskets CANNOT ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, FOR LATE DELIVERY OR DAMAGE/LOSS CLAIMS to military addresses. You may process these types of claims on your own through the proper military channels.
- Why do you need my recipient’s phone number?
- Am I notified when my order ships?
- What if I give you an incorrect or incomplete recipient address?
- Can chocolate be shipped in the summer?
- Will my order arrive in good condition?
- How can I order multiple baskets that will ship to different addresses?
It will be necessary to place two separate orders. For you convenience, our ordering software makes this quite easy. Once you complete the first order, your personal order details will be saved and repopulated to these fields on all subsequent orders at checkout, during the same session:
- Begin the first order:
- As you browse the website, add all of your selected products to the shopping cart
- When finished gathering items for this order click on the checkout button
- Enter your billing and shipping information for the first addressee
- Fill out any gift card message (Optional)
- Check the order for correctness (Very important: Verify that the shipping address is current and accurate)
- Complete the checkout process for the first order by clicking on the “Submit Order” button at the bottom of the page
- You will receive an immediate acknowledgement and a confirmation will be sent to the email address you supplied
- Browse the website and identify additional product for the next order
- Begin the second order:
- Follow the process as with the first order
- Continue to checkout for the second order. You will discover that the billing information you supplied for the first order is automatically entered for you. Just add the second “Ship To” address and a new card message, if you desire
- If you want to use a different credit card for this order, make the change at this point
- Complete the checkout process for the second order.
- By following the above steps you may add as many orders as you like to different addresses, during the same session. There is no time limit as long as you maintain the same session. However, if you abandon the website session and come back to it later you will need to re-enter all of your information. But as long as you are on our website this will not happen.
- I plan on using the Mountain Harvest® website more than once. Is there a way to save my information so I do not have to re-enter it each time?
Yes, there is. For your convenience, we have setup individual and business account capability for our customers. To setup an account:
- Create a log-on and password.
- Enter your billing and credit card information (if you desire).
Now that you are setup all you need to do each time you visit the Mountain Harvest® website is to log-on and when you begin the checkout process all of the field information that you setup previously will be populated. This streamlines the checkout process and helps eliminate data entry errors.
- Why is there no phone number to contact you? What if I have a question about any of the baskets or about my order?
- What is the best way to communicate with Mountain Harvest® Gift Baskets? What if there is a problem with my order?
- Do your products come with a guarantee?
- What if I need to return or exchange an item?
- At checkout, is there some indication as to how much remains before the order is ready for submission?
- When I am finished ordering will I receive a confirmation?
- If I send an email to you, how do I know that it has been received?
- What if I’ve forgotten my password! How do I log into my account?
- What if I can’t remember my Login ID?
- What are your hours of operation?
- I receive e-mailed notifications, but how do I update my e-mail address or other information?
- How can I be sure that you are a trustworthy company?